Manage your own website 24/7
A basic artist website package consists of a public area and an access restricted administration area.
The public area is what the public has access to when viewing your website. The administration
is accessed only by you via a username and password and provides the means to manage your website.
An artist website contains the following typical pages, although there is scope for tailoring to specific requirements:
- Biography / CV
- Gallery, split into three levels:
- Gallery level 1 - index of all galleries
- Gallery level 2 - index of artwork in a individual gallery
- Gallery level 3 - artwork: image, media, dimensions, price etc
The Administration area provides facilities to:
- Activate/deactivate public pages and determine their menu display order.
- Update text and images on the Home, Biography and sales pages.
- Create, amend and delete items in the News and Exhibition pages (these items can be automatically set to expire on given dates).
- Determine whether image(s) on the home page are fixed or randomly selected form the gallery.
- Create, amend and delete galleries. You have full flexibility to name, activate/deactivate and order the galleries.
- Create, amend and delete artwork. New artwork (image and parameters) are uploaded by you. Images are automatically resized for thumbnails and main images. Artwork is allocated to a specific gallery, which can be subsequently changed. Artwork can be activated or deactivated from public view. The artwork's availability can be set: for sale, sold, commission or not for sale. Artwork is catalogued, i.e. unique catalogue number assigned. The catalogue number can be automatically allocated to artwork when it is uploaded, or can be allocated by you if you already have a catalogue scheme in operation. The display of catalogue numbers with the artwork is optional.
- Create, amend and delete links to other websites. Links can be activated or deactivated for display and allocated an order for display.
- Manage enquiries. The public Contacts page feeds a database, i.e. everyone who contacts you via the contact page will have their details and enquiry stored. This facility means that you can keep a permanent record of who has contacted you.
In addition to the standard pages, the following pages with supporting administration are available:
- Visitor Statistics - records number of visitors for each gallery and specific artwork. Visits to all other pages can also be included. Statistics are displayed for a 12 month period, after which they wrap around.
- Search page and quick search - provides a facility to search for artwork based on keywords, dimensions, media, price etc
- Private View Gallery - public gallery with password controlled access. You provide a single password to all your intended visitors so that they can access the private view gallery. When you deem that the private view has finished, you change the password to prevent further access.
- Mailing List & Newsletters - extends the Enquiries features in the basic package to enable you to add contacts, create newsletters with images, create & manage different email lists and send newsletters to people on a list.
- Artwork Availability - A page which displays the availability of the artwork: for sale, sold, commission or not for sale.
- Work in Progress - Gallery style pages showing how a piece of artwork progresses from start to finish.
- Published Articles - You can upload images and text of published articles.
- Client Area - This facility enables you to provide a service to your clients where they are given controlled access to a selected area of the website. This facility would typically be used by artists who take on commissions and want their client to see the progress of the artwork. The client area could also be used to create private galleries for specific audiences. You can upload images and text. There is no limit to the number of client areas you can create. You create the client username & password combination and then you inform the client on how to access the area. you can create, delete and modify client areas.
- Online Selling - Enables you to sell your artwork through your website and accept payment via credit cards. Uses PayPal secure payment gateway.